California State University San Marcos
- Colleges & Universities
Founded in 1989, California State University San Marcos is a new kind of university - technologically sophisticated, fully engaged in the community and pushing the boundaries of innovation. Our hands-on, real-world curriculum and applied research fuels the creativity that yields ideas to solve critical 21st century problems.
A 304-acre, state-of-the-art main campus, nestled in the foothills of San Marcos, California (northern San Diego County), just a short distance from some of Southern California's best beaches and an hour from the U.S.- Mexico border. CSUSM is fully accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges, and is the 20th campus established in the 23-campus CSU system.
More than million square feet of facilities have been constructed since 1990. In January 2014 the University Student Union opened featuring student lounges, an expansive ballroom, an outdoor amphitheater, student centers and food services.
In 2014 CSUSM looks forward to the opening of its new Student Health and Counseling Services Building and the relocation of the School of Nursing on campus to its new 11,000-sq.-ft. renovated space in University Hall.
CSUSM has over 150 teaching and research labs including biomechanics, behavioral neuroscience, cosmochemistry, ethnobotany and nursing simulation.
Kellogg Library houses 294,000 volumes, 153,800 e-books and e-journals, and 12,900 sound, video and film clips, as well as several industry-grade video and music recording studio Art venues include a performance hall, black-box theatre, art gallery and nearly 20 art studios.
Whom to Contact
- Christine AntoineLegislative Affairs Director333 S. Twin Oaks Valley Rd.San Marcos, CA 92069-0001Phone: (760) 750-4100
- Carmen ArciniegaDirector of Special EventsPhone: (760) 750-4402
- Courtney BerlinMarketing Specialist, Extended LearningPhone: (760) 750-7698
- Wanda BollerHuman Resource ManagerPhone: (760) 750-8752
- Kathleen CoronaSpecial Assistant for Vice President and Assistant to The AlliancePhone: (760) 750-8752
- Regina EisenbachAccreditation Liasion OfficerPhone: (760) 750-8752
- Wendy EversExec Director Program Dev & Community Outreach333 S. Twin Oaks Valley Rd.San Marcos, CA 92069-0001Phone: (760) 750-8712
- Ann FiegenLibrarian333 S. Twin Oaks Valley Rd.San Marcos, CA 92069-0001Phone: (760) 750-8752
- Anna FlemingService Partner LiaisonPhone: (760) 750-8708
- Gerardo M GonzalezDean of Graduate Studies and the Associate Vice President for ResearchPhone: (760) 750-8752
- Travis GregoryAVP, Human Resources and Payroll ServicesPhone: (760) 750-8752
- Scott Gross, Ed. D.Associate Vice President, Community Engagement333 S. Twin Oaks Valley Rd.San Marcos, CA 92069-0001Phone: (760) 750-8752
- Dennis GusemanProfessor Marketing
- Aaron GuyAssociate Deal of Programs, Extended Learning
- Ahmad HadaeghAssociate Professor Department of Computer SciencePhone: (760) 750-8752
- Cherine HeckmanDirector of AdmissionsPhone: (760) 750-4820
- Marilyn HuertaCommunity Liaison for Community EngagementPhone: (760) 750-8752
- Jacquelyn KilpatrickDirector, School of ArtsPhone: (760) 750-8752
- Christine LeeCommunity Outreach & Communications Liaison333 S. Twin Oaks Valley Rd.San Marcos, CA 92069-0001Phone: (760) 750-8752
- Jill Litschewski333 S. Twin Oaks Valley Rd.San Marcos, CA 92069-0001Phone: (760) 750-7004
- Marcos MartinezProfessor of Theatre in the Visual and Performing Arts ProgramPhone: (760) 750-8752
- Heather NorthwayDirector of TRIO/Student Support ServicesPhone: (760) 750-8752
- Caitlin RondoeEvent PlannerPhone: (760) 750-8879Cell Phone: (760) 535-8940
- Cathy ScavoneSenior Director Business & Workforce ProgramsPhone: (760) 750-8752
- Karen SchaffmanProfessor in the Visual & Performing Arts DepartmentPhone: (760) 750-8752
- Camille SchusterDepartment Chair Professor Marketing DepartmentPhone: (760) 750-8752
- Laura SegallDirector of Extended LearningPhone: (760) 750-8711
- Wayne VeresIITS Dean and Interim Library DeanPhone: (760) 750-8752
- Sarah VillarrealAssociate Vice President of Community Engagement333 S. Twin Oaks Valley Rd.San Marcos, CA 92069-0001Phone: (760) 750-7001
- Pam WellsCareer Center DirectorCareer Planning & PlacementSan Marcos, CA 92096-001Phone: (760) 750-4892
333 S. Twin Oaks Valley Rd. San Marcos, CA 92096-0001 San Marcos is conveniently located in North San Diego County, only a short drive from the City of San Diego, Riverside County, and Orange County.