Vallecitos Water District
- Environmental Services
- Sewer & Storm Water Sanitation Services
For more than 60 years, Vallecitos Water District has been your water and wastewater specialists, providing water, wastewater, and reclamation services to San Marcos; the community of Lake San Marcos; parts of Carlsbad, Escondido and Vista and other unincorporated areas in north San Diego County.
Originally founded as the San Marcos County Water District in 1955 by a group of local citizens to answer the shrinking water table in the San Marcos and Twin Oaks valleys, the District was formed in accordance with Division 12 of the Water Code (sections 30000-33901 et seq.) to provide imported water from Northern California and the Colorado River. The San Marcos County Water District continued to grow as an independent, special district and in May of 1989, changed its name to the Vallecitos Water District.
Today, with a new name and extended focus, Vallecitos Water District currently serves a population of more than 97,000 within its 45-square-mile boundary.
Whom to Contact
- Glenn PruimGeneral Manager201 Vallecitos de OroSan Marcos, CA 92069Phone: (760) 744-0460
- Chris RobbinsPublic Information/Conservation Supervisor201 Vallecitos de OroSan Marcos, CA 92069Phone: (760) 744-0460 x 314
- Lisa UrabePublic Information Representative201 Vallecitos de OroSan Marcos, CA 92069Phone: (760) 744-0460
- Alicia YermanPublic Information Representative201 Vallecitos de OroSan Marcos, CA 92069Phone: (760) 744-0460 x 223